Working for us
The In-Patient Unit
There are many opportunities for volunteers to help with the day-to-day running of the In-Patient Unit.
- Meet & greet visitors and cover reception duties, 09.00 – 13.00, 13.00 – 16.45 and 16.45 – 18.30, 7 days a week.
- In the evenings (16.45 – 18.30) and at weekends (08.00 – 14.00) the In-Patient Unit ward reception desk is manned solely by volunteers.
- Secretarial and administrative support for various departments within the hospice.
- Ward volunteers serve drinks and meals to patients, take the ward trolley shop around, and chat to patients and relatives. Breakfast 08.15 – 09.00. Mornings 09.15 – 11.00. Lunch 12.00 – 14.00. Afternoon tea and trolley shop 14.30 – 16.00. Suppers 16.45 – 19.00. All times are approximate according to the numbers of patients and visitors.
- Flower volunteers who check floral displays daily.
- Music volunteers who come and play for patients and visitors.
- Sewing ladies who make items for various departments in the hospice and alter clothing to raise funds.
Rowcroft's Brixham shop adopts new £3, £2, £1 sales model
Take on the adventure of a lifetime for Rowcroft Hospice
Rowcroft's dare devil abseil is back for 2018 - and 50ft higher!
Rowcroft launches specialist heart failure service for patients