Working for us
The Benefits of Volunteering
Although people volunteer for a range of personal reasons, there are some real benefits to this work.
Depending on your age, or the period of life you are in, these benefits might include-
- Experience that can be included in a CV.
- An aspect of your work that could be used in an interview for a university course.
- Valuable contribution to your Record of Achievement.
- Part of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards scheme.
- Early awareness of vacancies occurring in the hospice.
- Possibility of a reference from someone in the organisation.
Our volunteers say that they get a real sense of satisfaction from knowing they have helped someone during a particularly stressful time in their lives.
"The gentle and calm attitude of everyone I have come across is my lasting impression"