Relief weekend receptionists required.
Volunteering at Rowcroft is an incredibly rewarding experience. You will form part of the team who provide the non-clinical side of care. This is the perfect opportunity to engage with your local community; whether you want to give something back, meet new people, improve your CV, gain references, confidence or gain new skills for the future.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Greet visitors in a friendly, professional manner, ensuring they sign the visitors book and use the hygienic hand gel.
- Escort visitors to the ward if it is their first visit.
- Ask visitors to sign out when they leave the hospice; this complies with our fire policy.
- Answer the telephone.
- Adhere to Rowcroft’s policies and procedures.
What we are looking for:
- You need to be proactive and assertive, have good interpersonal communication skills and a genuine interest in people as you will be required to volunteer unsupervised during your shift.
- Have a positive outlook.
- Be non-judgemental, essential as you will be working with people who are unwell and visitors who could be distressed.
- Confidentiality is paramount and volunteers are expected to be discreet and reliable.
Rowcroft Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Rowcroft Hospice – Rowcroft House Foundation Ltd
Avenue Road, Torquay, Devon TQ2 5LS
Registered Charity No. 282723