Pre-sort Fashionistas needed
Are you a follower of fashion? Join our busy clothing team at our distribution centre.
We need a team of 3 volunteers for each week day (9.00 – 16.00) to assist in the pre-sort of donated clothes, recycling and recognising branded clothing.
You will be required to:
- Inspect all donated items for ‘branded’ goods
- Separate branded and non-branded (rag) items
- Bag ragged items ready for collection and recycling
- Maintain a tidy and safe working environment
- Attend training on starting the volunteer role, training updates and a Welcome Day within six months of commencement of volunteering.
- Take instruction from the clothing team leader
- Pay attention to detail
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Be prepared to work as part of a team and be able to work on your own with instruction
Volunteering in our Rowcroft Depot is an incredibly rewarding experience. You will form part of the sorting team to assist the manager distribute stock to the 16 Rowcroft Shops and raise vital funds for your local hospice.
This is the perfect opportunity to engage with your local community; whether you want to give something back, meet new people or gain new skills for the future.
Full training for the role and also further opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge, cv and experience.
Contact Fenton Kent on 07896 433328 for an initial chat or visit the distribution centre in Brunel Road, Newton Abbot.
Rowcroft Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Rowcroft Hospice – Rowcroft House Foundation Ltd
Avenue Road, Torquay, Devon TQ2 5LS
Registered Charity No. 282723