What to Bring
We want to make sure you’re comfortable at the Inpatient Unit, and that you have everything you need, so here’s a handy checklist:
- pyjamas or nightie
- day clothes
- slippers and shoes
- toiletries, such as shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush and hair brush
- any medication you’re currently on
- any healthcare items you usually use, such as dressings, tube feeds, feed pumps and pleurX/rocket drains
- mobile phone charger if you’re bringing a phone
- photos and other small personal items that you want close at hand
You’re welcome to bring your mobile phone; we just ask that you set it to a quiet setting before you come in so that it doesn’t wake anyone.
We have TVs, radios, televisions and hairdryers onsite for you to use. There are also plenty of books, jigsaws and board games. Most things are free of charge and we don’t have a safe, so please try not to bring large amounts of money or valuables with you.
The Inpatient Unit is wheelchair-friendly and there’s on-site, free parking. We can also arrange for you to be picked up from home if you’d prefer. Find out how to get here.