4 November @ 9:00 am - 2 December @ 4:30 pm
This exciting new 1-year programme will support more joint working between Rowcroft Hospice and Domiciliary Care workforce to enable better care and support for people in the last 30 days of life
This programme is in line with the NHS Long Term Plan (2018) seeking to provide better support for patients and properly joined-up care at the right time for them, whilst giving staff the back-up they need through training and development, supervision, support and advice.
This programme offers
- Intensive training over 5 days: 4, 12, 18, 25 November & 2nd December;
- 2-day placement for each care worker with the Hospice at Home team and the
Inpatient Unit at the Hospice;
- Clinical supervision, advice and support throughout the 1-year working;
- Verbal & practical supervisory hands-on advice /support, mentorship for each carer by dedicated Senior Health Care Assistants from the Hospice at Home Team;
- Out of hours advice from the Hospice at Home Team for patients known to the
service in the last 2 weeks of life (24/7).
- A ‘fundamentals of care’ training package and clinical skills training passport for domiciliary care workers;
- Skilled and competent end of life domiciliary care workers in caring for people at the end of life.
Who can apply:
Care workers interested in End of Life Care and working for a Domiciliary Provider based in Torbay or South Devon with signed permission of their Registered Managers.
Places are very limited. If you would like to book a place, please use the booking form below. If you have any queries, please contact education on 01803 217630 or email email@example.com. To maintain a ‘fair to all’ booking process, we will allow 3 bookings per establishment/company. Any further booking requests will be added to a reserve list and will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis should we have any cancellations.
*We charge a £35 late cancellation or non-attendance fee. We welcome applications from those working outside Torbay & South Devon, however there will be a charge of £35 per person to attend. Please view our Terms & Conditions.