Working for us
The In-Patient Unit
There are many opportunities for volunteers to help with the day-to-day running of the In-Patient Unit.
- Meet & greet visitors and cover reception duties, 09.00 – 13.00, 13.00 – 16.45 and 16.45 – 18.30, 7 days a week.
- In the evenings (16.45 – 18.30) and at weekends (08.00 – 14.00) the In-Patient Unit ward reception desk is manned solely by volunteers.
- Secretarial and administrative support for various departments within the hospice.
- Ward volunteers serve drinks and meals to patients, take the ward trolley shop around, and chat to patients and relatives. Breakfast 08.15 – 09.00. Mornings 09.15 – 11.00. Lunch 12.00 – 14.00. Afternoon tea and trolley shop 14.30 – 16.00. Suppers 16.45 – 19.00. All times are approximate according to the numbers of patients and visitors.
- Flower volunteers who check floral displays daily.
- Music volunteers who come and play for patients and visitors.
- Sewing ladies who make items for various departments in the hospice and alter clothing to raise funds.
Remember those you love and miss this Christmas time with Rowcroft
Rowcroft introduces new Listening and Support Service for patients and families
Only three in five Britons know that hospice care is free
Hundreds complete Ride for Rowcroft cycle challenge