The hospice’s services are provided free of charge, but they are not without cost. Current expenditure for al the hospice’s services stands at over £6 million each year. Rowcroft receives a NHS grant towards a third of this amount, leaving the hospice needing to raise £16,000 each day to provide its vital services.
It’s only with the incredible support of our local community that we manage to raise these vital funds each year. The things they do range from the sublime to the ridiculous - and we’re grateful to each and every one of them.
How can I help?
Organising an event with friends, family and neighbours is a good way of raising money for Rowcroft Hospice and spreading the word about what we do. We’re extremely grateful to our fantastic fundraisers who have a huge amount of fun planning their own events and raised well over £200,000 for us last year.
There are so many ways that you can help to support our work - here are some tried and tested ways of raising money:
- Host a jumble sale /coffee morning / bring and buy sale
- Do a sponsored event – a walk, cycle, run, dance, exercise class
- Take your idea to your workplace – i.e. dress down day, funky tie day
- Hold a charity football match /other sporting event
- Organise a garden party / theme night or disco
You can do something on your own, at work, with friends, at school, in college or with your community group. And what’s more, our Fundraising Team is here to help you every step of the way to make your event as successful as possible. We can provide:
- fun ideas and advice on how to fundraise safely and legally
- publicity materials to help publicise your event
- official sponsorship forms and other Rowcroft branded materials such as collection tins, posters and leaflets
- information and talks to your group about the work of the hospice
- a representative at your event
Why not try something different and invite friends to donate money to Rowcroft Hospice instead of buying presents for special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries? Or you could always join in with one of our Rowcroft events!
Remember To Gift Aid It!
Gift Aid can significantly increase the value of your sponsorship money at no extra cost to those sponsoring you.
Set up a Virgin Money Giving page
Virgin Money Giving helps you to raise sponsorship money easily online. You will be able to email colleagues and family a simple web link to your fundraising page. This also stops the problems of chasing money after the event.
Matched giving can significantly increase your sponsorship money; ask your company to match whatever your work colleagues raise. For more information contact us.
Whether you are thinking big or small, please know your support really does make a difference to the people in Rowcroft’s care.
If you would like to raise funds for Rowcroft please get in touch by phoning Laura on (01803) 210846 or Hayley on (01803) 210833.