Make a donation
Leave a Gift in Your Will
Support your family, support your local hospice.
75% of our care is provided by donations and gifts in Wills, enabling us to make every day the best day possible for people and families living with life-limiting illnesses in South Devon. No matter how large or small your gift, it will make a real and lasting difference to people’s lives.
Why do I need a Will?
- To ensure your loved ones are supported and any family circumstances, such as births, marriages and divorces, are considered as you wish.
- To give direction to your Executors so they know where to take your belongings.
- To make your wishes for your funeral arrangements known.
- To leave a gift to Rowcroft, or another charity of your choice.
What if I don’t have a Will?
If you die without a Will, the law determines who inherits your property, possessions and savings. This means your wishes may not be met and family members, friends or chosen charities may not receive a gift as you had wished. It is important to write a Will if you would like to offer specific gifts to specific people.
Did you know:
- You are able to update your Will as little or as often as you like by making a Codicil, so you can opt in or out of leaving a gift to Rowcroft at any time.
- You can offer gifts to more than one charity in your Will. 17% of Wills in 2015 contained a gift to charity.
If after providing for your family you are considering leaving a gift to Rowcroft in your Will, please remember that we also have a commitment to you. Read more about our commitment in our legacy charter here.
For frequently asked questions about leaving a gift click here.
For a full glossary of terms, used by the legal profession click here.
For further questions or information about making or updating your Will or to find out more about leaving a gift in your Will, please contact our Legacy Officer Daniela Hopkins by emailing Daniela.Hopkins@rowcroft-hospice.org.uk or call 01803 217642.
"Brian was cared for wonderfully and his every need was given its full attention without hesitation. Leaving a gift in my Will is a painless way of helping Rowcroft in the future."
Jasmine Evans, Totnes