Make a donation
Leaving a Legacy for the people of Torbay and South Devon
We are able to help 25% of our patients - that is one in four people - because of gifts people have left to us in their Wills.
You can include any other instructions for your funeral in your Will, for example you may wish to request donations to be made to Rowcroft instead of flowers. You can ask your Executors to carry out these instructions by including them in a new Will or Codicil.
Here is some suggested wording:
To my executors: I wish that instead of flowers being sent to my funeral, donations be made to Rowcroft Hospice, Avenue Road, Torquay, Devon TQ2 5LS (registered charity 282723)]
It costs a lot to provide free care. All of our services are provided free of charge but we need to raise the funds to provide this specialist care each and every day.
Leaving Rowcroft a legacy will help make sure we can care for people with life threatening illnesses for many years to come.
Here are some examples of how a donation in your Will would help:
- £500 would buy an intravenous trolley, used by the ward for taking blood.
- £850 would buy a syringe driver, to continuously administer painkillers, medication to suppress nausea and other drugs.
- £1,000 would buy a complementary therapy couch, used to provide treatments such as reflexology or aromatherapy massage. Patients tell us these treatments are hugely beneficial.
It is worth noting that it can cost as little as £100 for a commode chair, helping patients with mobility problems but as much as £10,000 for a new bed on the ward.
There are various ways you can leave a donation to Rowcroft in your Will:
- A residuary legacy means Rowcroft would receive the residue of your estate once any debts, expenses, specific gifts and taxes have been paid. This is a great way of ensuring your donation increases in value along with your estate.
- A pecuniary legacy refers to a specific sum of money.
- A specific legacy refers to a particular item.
"My legacy is about the giving of both my heart and love. Rowcroft always displays those same two emotions in everything they do, for the living and the dying. My legacy is to encourage and assist that work to continue."