Health & Social Care Professionals
Our service is for patients with a prognosis of less than two weeks, regardless of diagnosis, who wish to be in their home in the final days of their life.
Our aim is to support patients & their families:
- Achieve their preferred place of care.
- Where there is a sudden deterioration and the patient is too unwell to move from their home.
- To prevent unwanted hospital or hospice admission.
- To enable family carers to continue in their role by providing respite.
- To facilitate rapid discharge to preferred place of care at end of life.
- All reversible causes of deterioration should have been explored before referral.
- Patient and family or carer must be aware of and agree to referral to Hospice at Home.
- The patient must be registered with a GP within the hospice catchment area.
- The patient must be 18 years or over.
- We are happy to become involved earlier with patients who have learning difficulties to enable us to build trusting relationships with them.
- We can provide up to 24 hours of ‘hands on’ nursing care.
There may be exceptions to these guidelines and we would be pleased to discuss any patients with you.
- Via our dedicated Hospice at Home telephone number 01803 217620.
- Referrals can be made at anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including all bank holidays.
- ‘In hours’ the referral will be taken by the Hospice at Home administrator, out of hours by a Hospice at Home sister.
- Referrals will be accepted from any healthcare professional who is directly involved in the patients care. We will also accept direct referrals from nursing and residential home staff. The patient will be prioritised according to need and complexity.
- We will aim to respond to urgent referrals on the same day whenever possible.
- Joint visits with a member of the primary health care team can be arranged where appropriate.
Contact Hospice at Home on 01803 217620.
"I would just like you to know that I used your Rowcroft Hospice at Home service in an emergency situation with one of my clients last year and I am beyond grateful for their support."
Local Charity, Dartmouth Caring