The Rowcroft Lottery - more than playing a game

 

Category: Rowcroft Hospice;

  • Share this blog:

The Rowcroft Lottery - more than playing a game

14 April 2016 Posted by Lee Player

Playing the Rowcroft Lottery is more than just playing a game. You are enabling your local hospice to care for patients living with life-limiting illnesses across South Devon.

Gillian Owens collecting her £1000 Lottery winningsGillian has played the Lottery since our first draw on 16 July 2004, she said: "I couldn't quite believe it when the Lottery Manager called to say I'd won £1000; it was a wonderful surprise. Rowcroft is very close to my heart and playing the hospice Lottery is just one of the ways I choose to support them. It's great to know that all the money raised helps to care for our local community and so winning was just an added bonus."

Since its inception in 2004, the Lottery has contributed a gross income of more than £4 million to Rowcroft Hospice. An incredible amount of money that has helped local families make the most of every day they have together, sharing precious moments and making unforgettable memories.

While it is a great way to be entered into a weekly prize draw of £1000, your donation of just £1 a week is making an even bigger difference. A relative of one of our patients said: "My experience of your service has been amazing. Debbie has been wonderful giving me information, helping with pain relief etc. She is always cheerful and knowledgeable. I cannot give enough praise for your support and care. Rowcroft is a truly special place."

It costs an eye watering £8.3 million a year to run the hospice, and only 28% of this is funded by the NHS - the remaining 72% is funded by you, our local community. Our fundraising team work tirelessly to spread the word on ways to fundraise for the hospice, but playing the Rowcroft Lottery is a simple and fun way to make a difference.

With a weekly draw of £1000, a rollover of up to £3000 and 31 other prizes to be won each week, it's no wonder our Lottery is a hit with the local community. For just £1 a week, you could start playing and be in with a chance of winning some great cash prizes too.

Stephen, a patient at Rowcroft's Outpatient Centre, is forever thankful for the support Rowcroft are able to give him: "I cannot express or put into words what Rowcroft means to me; it became my saviour, I shall be forever grateful."

So what are you waiting for? Play our weekly Lottery and together, we can help more families in South Devon to make the most of every day they have together. Just visit www.rowcrofthospice.org.uk/lottery to register today.

Tags: local weekly lottery, helping local families, Rowcroft Hospice, Rowcroft Lottery

no comments

Add your comment...

This is the only thing your email address will ever be used for, we promise.

Last updated by Lee on 14.04.2016 at 09:42:47 from 88.98.76.97 

Remember those you love and miss this Christmas time with Rowcroft
Rowcroft introduces new Listening and Support Service for patients and families
Only three in five Britons know that hospice care is free
Hundreds complete Ride for Rowcroft cycle challenge