Did you know?
- Rowcroft is a charity, completely independent of the NHS.
- Rowcroft provides its services without charge.
- Rowcroft’s services reach out far from its base in Torquay, covering 300 square miles from Dartmouth to Dawlish and right out as far as Buckfastleigh, Widecombe-in-the Moor and Bovey Tracey.
- We are the only adult hospice serving the population of South Devon.
- We offer multi-professional clinical and holistic services for patients and their families.
- Rowcroft Community Teams work with patients, GPs and other community healthcare professionals early in the progressive, life-limiting diagnosis, providing specialist support throughout.
- Nursing care provided within the inpatient unit, outpatient centre and indeed the community palliative care teams within people’s own homes is done so by our own Rowcroft nurses.
- Over 60% of the patients cared for by Rowcroft are cared for within their community, rather than at the hospice itself.
- 50% of patient population served is located within Torbay, with a further 50% of patients living in the surrounding parts of South Devon.
- Rowcroft Outpatient Services includes physiotherapy, occupational therapy, chronic oedema specialists, complementary therapy in addition to bereavement support, music and spiritual therapy.
- The Rowcroft Hospice at Home service now provides care in the last two weeks of life, 24 hrs a day / 7 days a week, within patients own homes throughout the 300 square miles of South Devon.
- The total cost of supporting and delivering our services is in excess of £8 million per year.
- 73% of the funding to meet these costs comes from the generosity of the supporting community within South Devon, with the other 27% coming from the NHS.
Remember those you love and miss this Christmas time with Rowcroft
Rowcroft introduces new Listening and Support Service for patients and families
Only three in five Britons know that hospice care is free
Hundreds complete Ride for Rowcroft cycle challenge