Did you know?
- Rowcroft is a charity, completely independent of the NHS.
- Rowcroft provides its services without charge.
- Rowcroft’s services reach out far from its base in Torquay, covering 300 square miles from Dartmouth to Dawlish and right out as far as Buckfastleigh, Widecombe-in-the Moor and Bovey Tracey.
- We are the only adult hospice serving the population of South Devon.
- We offer multi-professional clinical and holistic services for patients and their families.
- Rowcroft Community Teams work with patients, GPs and other community healthcare professionals early in the progressive, life-limiting diagnosis, providing specialist support throughout.
- Nursing care provided within the inpatient unit, outpatient centre and indeed the community palliative care teams within people’s own homes is done so by our own Rowcroft nurses.
- Over 60% of the patients cared for by Rowcroft are cared for within their community, rather than at the hospice itself.
- 50% of patient population served is located within Torbay, with a further 50% of patients living in the surrounding parts of South Devon.
- Rowcroft Outpatient Services includes physiotherapy, occupational therapy, chronic oedema specialists, complementary therapy in addition to bereavement support, music and spiritual therapy.
- The Rowcroft Hospice at Home service now provides care in the last two weeks of life, 24 hrs a day / 7 days a week, within patients own homes throughout the 300 square miles of South Devon.
- The total cost of supporting and delivering our services is in excess of £8 million per year.
- 73% of the funding to meet these costs comes from the generosity of the supporting community within South Devon, with the other 27% coming from the NHS.
Gear up for hospice's 24km cycle challenge, Ride for Rowcroft
Rowcroft to host Garden Party in hospice grounds
South Devon ladies raise £120,000 for Rowcroft
Ladies prepare for Rowcroft's swashbuckling Sleep Walk